Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shadows and The Subject

Last week I went to a seminar put on by one of my fellow photogs and photo walkers. There were two people talking and both of them combined had over 40 years in photography. It was rather interesting and very thought provoking. The title of the seminar/lecture was "No Camera Required: The Subject". There are three seminars and I will be missing one due to other commitments. Well we were given some "homework" afterwards and I guess you can say this is the result. We were told to think of a subject, shoot a subject and so on. I was thinking long and hard about what subject to shoot before I finally hit upon Shadows. Many layers to something that's so two dimensional if you look at it. I don't know if this is what was meant or required, but this is what I did. These pictures are why my last photo walk seems a little "barren". All were shot instead of all the other stuff we walked by or saw. Just means I will have to visit some of the locations again.

Shadows
ShadowsShadows
Shadows
ShadowsShadows
Shadows
ShadowsShadows
Shadows

Needless to say the next post will be rather "shady" as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment