Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Old Friends

I hit my upload limit for the month so that's why I haven't really had a blog post ready to go. Back at the beginning of the month I attended a funeral for an old friend. I hadn't seen him for a couple of years and his passing was sudden and a shock to all of us. The sad part was that all of us that got together hadn't seen each other for years as well. A little bitter sweet. A sad gathering and catching up on what everyone has done since. These are all old army friends. We laughed, we cried and we fought amongst each other. Like family. There was talk of getting together on a happier occasion. We shall see what happens. Here's hoping. We also lucked out and got to gather in our old Junior Ranks Mess at the Barrie Armouries. I don't think I had darkened it's doors since I left back in February of 1993. It's good to see that it's been upgraded and some of us have our names remembered. Barrie Armouries BuckBear The Buck and Bear So...Whats New?Heading to the Bar Tracey, Murray, and RittershofferThose Were the days.Getting In Position Old Soldiers Signing the booksWake-17 Giggles and AxelWake-18Dave and Kris

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phil! This is realwest, posting annymously again.
    That was a very interesting and moving article.
    Sorry about your old mate.
    But I'm not sure I understand what you meant when you said:

    "We also lucked out and got to gather in our old Junior Ranks Mess at the Barrie Armouries. I don't think I had darkened it's doors since I left back in February of 1993. It's good to see that it's been upgraded and some of us have our names remembered. "

    Remembered how?!

    ReplyDelete