Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

University of Toronto Campus: Part ??

I haven't returned to the topic of the UofT campus for a little while now. Time to show some of the stuff that's all over the place there. Of course this means sculptures today. I think I will start by Hart House. I know I have talked about the one piece by Sorel Etrog, but there are a few others in that location.

This piece is really neat. I will definitely have to take some video of it to show what it looks like when you view it in real life.
Mask #1Mask #1
It's one of those 3D optical illusions done in stone. I have seen some stuff like this in other places, mostly done in paper.

In the courtyard of Hart House there are three pieces, Complex of a Young Lady by Sorel Etrog, which I have detailed previously, and two others. The first one is just a sundial.
SundialSundial
On the south side is a typical sculpture called "Lacing Up".
Lacing UpLacing Up
One other piece that's on the south side of Hart House. Just on the street outside of the book shop called "Run 2001". This one is movable so I think how it looks changes from day to day.
Run 2001Run 2001Run 2001
As you can see the pieces could be picked up with a little effort. I know the third part could fit in my backpack no problem.

Well, that's it for today. Have fun.

Paladin Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment