Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Natural Light, Natural Filters

Sometimes I get surprised by what I see when I download a picture from my camera and see it on the computer screen. Something I missed when I originally took a picture. A random reflection. Or even something I wasn't even seeing or was blind to. These are the shots I live for. For example. Last weekend before I went to the Bubble Battle I dognapped Nietzsche and took him for a long walk to Sunnybrook off leash dog park. I didn't take many pictures when I was there because I didn't really see anything that inspired me. As well I was too busy playing fetch with him all by my lonesome. Anyway I got around to downloading the pictures later in the day and was struck by the awesomeness of a series of shots I had taken by a stream in the Sherwood park area. Here's the first one and I will discuss what caused it.

_PKE5361

The light was green! The sunlight was practically overhead and bright. The trees were the filters that the light pierced through and gave the whole area a green tinge that was captured by my camera. I didn't really notice it when I was taking the pictures. I guess I was too focused on the dogs and people in the area. Sometimes nature can give you a great opportunity. Or you can get stupid lucky like I did. Here's the rest of the best from that area and time. Enjoy.

PaladinPhil

_PKE5354
_PKE5353_PKE5345
_PKE5341
_PKE5340_PKE5339

No comments:

Post a Comment