Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Public Sculpture: Downtown Still

Looking through my pictures of public art I think I am almost finished with the downtown core. Almost. Still have a few that are kicking around somewhere as well. Then there's the University of Toronto campus and Harbourfront to detail as well. What can I say? I am a shutter bug. Anyway, I am going east of Yonge street now and there are a few pieces that are located from Front Street to Queen st that I will be showing today.

First off the bat is the location where Front st and Wellington st merge. There's a little park with a few that cover the range of size and style. I thought I had uploaded some that I had taken recently but I appear to be mistaken. There are two that I don't have online yet so I will get back to them.

Some artists I noticed pop up all over the place. One is Andrew Posa. I have found a few other of his pieces as well. "Marlin" being one of them that I have shown already. Another on Wellington street is "U.V. Ceti". He has a similar style for most of his works, a little repetitive I think. You will see what I mean eventually.

U.V. CetiU.V. CetiU.V. CetiU.V. Ceti

Up on Queen street is a piece that had a lot of thought that went into the concept. It's different from most being that it's made from cast iron. The title of the piece is "Full Circle" by Peter Von Tiesenhausen. Read the plaque for the full detail on the story behind the work...
Full Circle
And now the piece in discussion:
Full CircleFull CircleFull CircleFull Circle

Looking at my uploads at the moment I can't find anymore from this area. I do have them some where so I will have to get around to uploading and showing. Anyway, stay warm on your walks.

Paladin Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment