Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Public Sculpture: Front Street Part 2

Still feeling a little slow this week. The whole run up to the winter holidays and minimal sunlight. Times I hate this part of the year. I look forward to spring. So the last time I talked about Front street there were a few pieces that I didn't get around too. So now lets take a look at them now.

On the north side of Front street, right beside the Royal York hotel is a collection of pieces that make up a whole. "City People" is like cut outs of people on stands on a wall and some are even like wind vanes that move with the breeze. All shapes and sizes scattered through a street level and above street court yard.

City PeopleCity PeopleCity People

In the courtyard as well is another piece. The name of it is called "Foliage". It took me a little time to track down the name of it, and I used to call it a standing wave. The bronze it's made of is brilliant, and when the weather gets nicer again I will be returning to see if I can get better pictures of it.

FoliageFoliageFoliage

Finally for today is one that's in front of the Hockey Hall of Fame on the corner of Yonge and Front streets. This one looks like the wall of a players bench in a ice rink. A group of kids in gear looking all excited. The name of it is "Our Game". You will have to forgive me with the pictures because they aren't the best quality. Never got around to returning to the location and retaking some better ones. Yes, I know, it's on my list.

Our GameOur Game

Well that's all I have to say today. Have fun and enjoy your holidays.

Bridge

Paladin Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment