Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Monday, June 21, 2010

Toronto Photo Walks: Queens Quay Canda Malting and Ireland Park

Well, things have been busy over the weekend and week so I will continue with the walk today. We shall see what tomorrow brings and the rest of the week. So last thing we left off was with the swans. Continuing on we walked bast the Canada Malting building on the east side heading towards the ferry to Billy Bishop Airport (or Toronto Island Airport).

Canada Malting
Canada MaltingCanada Malting
Canada MaltingCanada Malting
At the south of the building we came to Ireland Park. I had been looking for this location a couple of times before. I hadn't found it and it was worth the wait. The day was perfect to stumble across this monument to survivors of the Irish Potato Famine that came to Toronto in the 1800's. Haunting, stark, and wrenching emotionally.

Ireland Park
Ireland ParkIreland ParkIreland Park
Ireland ParkIreland Park

The statues weren't the only part of the park and memorial. There was a large rock wall and small garden type area there as well with a pillar of glass blocks. We were there during the day, and I have a hunch that the glass pillar lights up at night. I may have to check it out some other time.

Ireland Park
Ireland ParkIreland Park
Ireland ParkIreland ParkIreland Park

That's it for today. See you all tomorrow where I think I will wrap up the entire walk.

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I've managed to get over here.

    PP, these are absolutely beautiful!

    I look forward to visiting again.

    ReplyDelete