Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Monday, February 8, 2010

University of Toronto Campus: Part 2

Tags are wonderful things. Finally went through them and figured out I have only done one posting previously about U of T. It's a great place to visit with lots of wonderful sites, sculptures, and buildings. As I have written before, The Soldiers Tower, is awe inspiring as a memorial. There are lots of sculptures around as well. The whole area is fairly large and there's lots to see. I think I will focus today on some of the buildings around the campus.

Building Extension

This is on the west side of the campus along Spadina. I liked the look of it and didn't think of going any further at the time. The O is actually the last letter of Toronto. I found that out recently when I was going along Spadina a couple of weeks ago. I guess it's another spot on my list to return to.

Some departments actually have had some thought put into certain spots of their building exterior. Like the Department of Geology.

Department of GeologyDepartment of GeologyDepartment of Geology

Bits and pieces all arranged. Everything has something to do with what they are about.

I forget what this building exactly is. Computer Science I think. Very modern looking with a fortress feel to it. The lighting wasn't exactly right for the camera and it, yes again, is on my list for better pictures. My point and shoot camera didn't always cut the mustard.

Sept 19-08 037Sept 19-08 036Sept 19-08 035

Part of the allure of the University of Toronto Campus is some of the nooks and crannies you discover between buildings. Sometimes greens, fountains, or water gardens. Sometimes you don't even feel like you are in the same city.

Water GardenSept 19-08 062Courtyard

Well that took a little longer to pull together then I realized. Time to do some proper tagging and organizing of my pictures. Keep the boots to the pavement.

Paladin Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment