Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

China: The Great Wall

I have returned. It's been a long two weeks of whirlwind tours and visits, but I have survived. Well that last bit may be debatable at the moment. Recovering from Jet Lag isn't easy. Other then that I am in one piece. My pictures for the next little while, interspersed with my other stuff like meet-ups and photo walks, are going to be from my vacation. Lots of interesting stuff.

First off the top is my first real day in China. We landed in Beijing on a Monday, were picked up at the airport and off to dinner to meet family(sorry, no pictures of most family). After a night of rest it was off to The Great Wall of China. Believe me they weren't kidding. I saw bits and pieces as we flew in, but I couldn't get any good shots from the air. Bad angles mostly. I was told by my mother and Sister in Law that there are three things that have to be done in China to be considered a man. Top of the list was climbing the wall. What could I do? Turn down a challenge like that? Time to start walking....

The Great Wall of China
The Great Wall of ChinaThe Great Wall of China

The Great Wall of China
The Great Wall of ChinaThe Great Wall of China

The Great Wall of China
The Great Wall of ChinaThe Great Wall of China

The Great Wall of China
The Great Wall of ChinaThe Great Wall of China

The Great Wall of China
The Great Wall of ChinaLooking Down The Great Wall

The Great Wall of China
The Great Wall of China
Steep Steps
The Great Wall of China

I climbed it and survived. Barely, but I survived. This got me started for the rest of my whirlwind tour of the far east.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Paladin Phil - three things to do to be considered a man in China? Well I tell ya, I don't know if I could have made that climb! Good on ya!!
    Great photos too of course, but gee, you'd think by now the Chinese woulda put in an escalator or something, wouldn't ya?!?
    Can't wait to see more photos my friend!

    ReplyDelete