Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Thursday, July 28, 2011

China: Xian Old City Wall

It's been a few weeks since I have posted any pictures of my trip to China, so I better get at it. One of the attractions in Xi'an is the old city wall. It enclose the old city where the Drum and Bell tower are located and the muslim market. I passed through and under it several times while we were going about sight seeing other locations. On our return from the terracotta warriors our guide asked if we wanted to go up it and look around. By this time my mom was getting tired, but I still had some energy. So on the return to our hotel I got out and looked around. Talk about large and massive. Since it is entire and complete you could walk the whole thing if you had the time, like a day to walk around. Or if you wanted to, you could rent a bike to tour it that way. I didn't have the time or the energy to do either so I just amused myself by looking around the court yard and upper part of the wall.

City Gate
Under the WallCourt Yard

Long Walk Up
Looking DownOuter Tower

Bell
Looking Along the WallInside looking down

Inner Tower
Large and WideOuter Tower

Outside The Old Looking at the New
Xian City WallXian City Wall

Xian City Wall

1 comment:

  1. Hey Phil - great shots! Really. You know, I'd completely forgotten that you'd been to China - what was it, last year?!?
    :)
    Seriously, thanks for the great photos, very much appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete