Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Thursday, October 15, 2009

2008: Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Writers block is difficult to beat. Even when you have hundreds of pictures to sort through it can be hard to just focus on one topic. I thought about my winter pictures yesterday, but just couldn't think of a thing to write about.

Well with the cooling of the season, and first frost this week I thought I would look back while looking forward. Yes that time of year most sensible adults cringe at. Winter, and snow. Last year our snow started early. When I mean early I mean early for us in Toronto. Our first snow fall was in the end of October. We had a few flakes afterwards, nothing major that stayed though. Then there was a major dumping in the end of November, and the big storm we finally got in December. After that it was very constant.

Here's some pictures from those three months, starting in order from October.





The last three above pictures were taken at my old job location in the downtown core. I used my settings to take some interesting looking pictures as well. The sepia and black and white setting gave the winter snow an interesting look. And not to forget the flash did wonders with the falling snowflakes.





Yeah we had a snow storm that lasted days. It started on the 17th and went on to the 21st of December 2008. Needless to say we had a white Christmas last year.



The colder weather also allowed me to take some nice pictures of cooling towers from the sky scrapers and other buildings. What you are seeing next is not smoke but humid warm air coming out of roofs and stacks.



Personally, I like this picture for the snow coverage of the Roy Thomson Hall.



Any way, that's it for now. If you wish to look at the other pictures in the album, go ahead. Enjoy.

Till next time.

PaladinPhil

No comments:

Post a Comment