Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

2007: Part Third or The Self Portrait.

Looking at my pictures I had a hard time trying to figure out what to write on. 2007 was a rather sparse year of saved pictures. One thing I did notice was that I had a few shots taken of myself either a self portrait style or in a group. Funny how much your look can change in a year. I am going back to 2006 for a second just to compare things.


Now this was from November 17th 2006 (gotta love EXIF on digital pictures). Compare it with these two pictures taken on January 25th 2007.



Yeah, I grew out a full beard that year. It grows in fast so I can really get away with it at work when I am allowed to do it. I used my handy dandy tripod that I had picked up by this time. I did use it later as well.

I was up visiting my mom a lot during this period as well. She needed some help and I was pitching in when I could. On her birthday, my brother had flown in from out west to see how she was doing and to give a little hand as well. On March 1st we took her out for a birthday dinner at a little resteraunt called the "Ossawippi Express". A bunch of old train cars turned into a fine dining establishment.

Out comes the tripod again to take a self portrait, and a group shot of family and friend.



The self portrait wasn't really an ego thing, it was more a test of the flash and angling of the camera for the group shot. You will have to forgive me an my brother at this time. I had been up since midnight for work, and he had gotten into Toronto at about 8am. He picked me up and we headed north with no sleep, except for a 2 hour nap when we arrived. So in the group shot we have from left to right, my brother Bruce, family friend Dave, my mom, and of course myself.

I didn't have too many other pictures of myself until October. No self portraits, I had some one take the picture for a couple of group shots. I will only show one here.
Nov09-07 055
Yep the full beard is gone, and it's just the goatee. Also I went with the Mr. Clean look. I do believe I have a few more pictures as well I took running around out there. I will probably find them once I get my new computer up and running and all my photos properly downloaded and sorted on it. So till next time, and it should be more scenery and pretty pictures.

PaladinPhil

No comments:

Post a Comment