Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Friday, January 29, 2010

Sculptures: Here There and Over That Way

Just a little blurb and locations of some sculptures I took in 2008. I have said before that they are all over the place. Once you open your eyes you can't stop finding the things. Another reason why I like walking when the weather is nice and I have the time. You tend to find things that you would normally miss on your daily commute. Of course some pieces you can't miss. Here are two pieces on Bloor street east that you can't really miss.

First we have "Meeting Place" by Kosso Eloul. He's done some other works and I will get to him later. I wonder how many people ignore this work now?
Church and Bloor(Meeting Place)Church and Bloor(Meeting Place)Church and Bloor(Meeting Place)

Just down the street, and across from Jarvis on Bloor is a rather long piece called "The Community". This was the original inspiration of me starting my sculpture journey. Of course I was walking around at the time. With my mom actually visiting old places that she remembered from her young adult years.
The CommuniyThe CommunityThe Community

Now remember how I was saying you could find stuff if you just walked? Here's a piece that I discovered by accident really. Off the main travel path, and I normally wouldn't have had any pressing need to visit the spot. Up in North York by the Center for the Performing Arts. I was just exploring one evening and found it.
TempoTempoTempo

Well I think that will be it for today. I may do some posts over the weekend or not. I plan on going on a "Photo Walk" down in The Beaches tomorrow. Should be fun. Get those boots laced up. It's cold out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment