Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Old Buildings, Old Advertisments part 2

Found a few more examples of the old stuff. I guess you could say that I am documenting them for posterity. Eventually they will fade away, or the building will be torn down. Part of our history and culture. I hope people have better examples when they weren't so worn out.
Old Building, Old Advertising
As you can see with this one, the graffiti "artists" are starting their version of urban renewal.

The Junction

I think this one says "Adams Furniture", almost gone. These two pictures are from "The Junction" in Toronto's west end.

Tip Top Tailor Ad.
I remember when I lived in Toronto there used to be a factory for Tip Top Tailors. Down at the base of Bathurst street. One of my cousins friends mother worked there and could make a shirt in less then a minute. Mind boggling.

Gelber Bros.

Milgrom Limited
I took an earlier picture with my old camera. This one is a better shot of this advertisement. You see a lot of history when you are out walking. You just have to recognize it.

Paladin Phil

1 comment:

  1. Phil, I dunno why, perhaps it's the Fallout in me, but I just love the old advert pics.

    by the by, you've got to send me the b-day pics...or post them here...it'll be good fun for all.

    Keep the shots coming!

    ReplyDelete