Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Monday, April 12, 2010

Toronto Photo Walks: Cedarvale (Whychwood Barns)

Good Monday Morning everyone. I did one of those photo walks this past Saturday. It was a beautiful day for it too. I am going in no particular order this week so there is no linear time frame. Today though I am going to start by plugging a event at the Whychwood Barns on this coming Thursday. It's called "Barn Raiser" and it's a fund raiser for the community center located there. You can find more details at their website www.BarnRaiser.ca .

Now onto the pictures of the area. There was a largish crowd there when we arrived about noon. Lots of action, a Farmers Market, and people enjoying the beautiful day. I saw these two young ladies wandering around outside an asked to take their picture.
StiltsStilts
After I took their pictures I was asking if I could get an e-mail address so I could forward the pictures. A person from the event came up to me and said that I could forward them to her co-ordinator, and then disappeared to get the contact information. No remember, this is a photo walk. There was about 20 of us wandering around the place with cameras. I will get back to this in a bit.
It's a lovely location actually.
Smoke StackWhychwood Barns
Water ParkWater Guns
Well about ten minutes later the co-ordinator found our "Fearless Leader" and was talking to him. I approached and discovered that the original lady had mistaken us for media. Ooops. Anyway she told us about the event, turns out Saturday was a kickoff of a sorts, and I got her e-mail to forward the pictures of the two young ladies on stilts. I also promised that I would mention the event on my blog. So that taken care of I took more pictures and wandered into the Farmers market. Always a good opportunity for pictures.
Farmers MarketFarmers Market
Farmers MarketSunlite Bricks
Oh, for point of reference. The Whychwood Barns used to be a trolley maintenance facility for the TTC. It's been turned into a Community center and part of it preserved as a historic building.

Well that's it for today. See you all next time and enjoy the lovely spring weather.

Paladin Phil

(oops I screwed up. It's visible today Sunday. No post tomorrow then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment