Find us on Google+

B&H Banner

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio photography Pro Audio Computers and Solutions Portable Entertainment Home Entertament photography

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ottawa Winterlude IV

Sunday morning. Batteries recharged, and I started with a couple cups of coffee. SMS comes in, "Breakfast anyone?" What can I say? I needed energy and body fuel to keep up with the walking and the cold. We met up at Zak's Diner in the Byward Market. Now there was just 8 of us. It's a busy place, but I think it was worth the wait. First thing ordered? COFFEE! Then food. I will have to check that place out again the next time I am in town. After breakfast, we wandered through the market and headed down to Confederation Park again to check out more ice sculptures. It was colder then the previous day and the wind had picked up.

After about an hour or so I made my good-byes and headed to Sparx Street for the Winter Brewed craft beer festival. Sorry no pictures from that. I was too cold to even think about taking shots. All I can say is that an outdoor beer festival in the middle of winter in Ottawa is definitely up there with bad ideas. Good beer though.

After I tried a couple of samples I headed back to the hostel to relax and warm up. Monday morning I packed up and headed home. It was a good trip. Over Sunday breakfast we discussed doing another hangout in real life. If things go well, it's off to Montreal for Jazz Fest this summer. I think I may need to bone up on my public school French.

Coffee, best start to any day.Right Side of BoothLeft Side of Booth Table TopReally?  It's a little too early.Bundled Up Market PlaceMasksTrying It On A Little Loose?Winter Wrestler PoseLike the Hat! Rideau LocksTowards QuebecNeed A Garbage Can Bronze Model Downtown Ottawa, BronzedParliament Hill End of the Skate LineRick Mercers SculptureThe World

No comments:

Post a Comment